Chicken Schnitzel - We just love it
- Chicken breasts or upper thighs (skin and bone removed)
- 2-3 eggs
- High heat-tolerant oil ( vegetable, canola, corn, grapeseed, safflower, sunflower or peanut oils are suitable)
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the chicken into palm size pieces and season with little salt and pepper.
- Place one of the chicken pieces into a food grade plastic bag ensuring there is room around each side.
- With a rolling pin or a meat tenderizer flatten the pieces to 4-5 mm thickness.
- Get 3 containers for the coating. We use plastic takeaway boxes usually.
- Beat the eggs and add a little milk in one of the boxes, pour some flour to the second one and breadcrumbs to the third.
- Coat each chicken piece with flour, dip it in the egg and finally to the breadcrumbs. (at this point you can freeze the chicken , but only if it wasn't frozen before!)
- Now you will need an adult's help! Pour some oil into a frying pan (2-3 cm deep) and heat it.
- When it is hot enough (but not smoking!). To be sure place a toothpick in the pan, if bubbles appear around it, the oil is hot enough.
- Put pieces in the pan ensuring the cutlets are not overlapping each other.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown colour.
- Carefully remove them from the pan and place them on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with fresh salad, coleslaw, mash or even with pasta.